• Heart disease is the leading cause of death among men and women in the United States. Physically inactive people are twice as likely to develop coronary heart disease as regularly active people.
• Poor diet and inactivity can lead to overweight/obesity. Persons who are overweight or obese are at increased risk for high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, coronary heart disease, stroke, gallbladder disease, osteoarthritis, sleep apnea, respiratory problems and some types of cancer.
• 41 million Americans are estimated to have pre-diabetes. Most people with pre-diabetes develop type 2 diabetes within 10 years, unless they make changes to their diet and physical activity that results in a loss of about 5-7 percent of their body weight.
• The major barriers most people face when trying to increase physical activity are time, access to convenient facilities, and safe environments in which to be active.
o 1 in 5 club members use their club at least twice per week.
o 40% of those who join health clubs stop going soon afterwards.
o 90% of those who join health and fitness clubs will stop going within the first 90 days.
Citation: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
• Gonzo Fitness is hardcore. No fitness models and Hollywood video productions here.
• Our Multi Exercise Discipline System (MEDS™) was designed to shed fat, build muscle and get you into optimal shape while improving your overall health.
• Gonzo Fitness includes Mixed Martial Arts movements. Learn to fight as you sculpt your body.
• Gonzo offers accessible, simplified, short form instruction that allows you to workout at your pace, when you want, from wherever you are.